September 18, 2019
9015 Grand Ave.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Free to attend; registration required
Sew & Learn 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Learn the basics of sewing on our Janome DC 2014 Sewing Machines while creating your own pillowcase. This class will certify anyone who wishes to use the sewing machines in The Maker Spot. All class attendees must have an NRH library card in good standing. Please read The Maker Usage Policy for more information. All attendees must complete a Maker Agreement before attending the class. This class is open to those 9 years old and older. Children ages 9-13 must have a parent attend class with them.
Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time.
- ¾ yard or 27 inches of 100 % cotton fabric for body of pillowcase
- 1/4 yard or 9 inches of 100 % cotton contrasting fabric for cuff
In this class you will learn:
- Parts of Sewing Machine
- How to Thread the Sewing Machine
- How to Wind & Load the Bobbin
- Different Types of Stitching and Stitches
- Safety Guidelines
- Reservation Guidelines
- Types of Fabric to Use
- About Seam Allowances
Please Register for this event below: