October 30, 2019
9015 Grand Ave.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Free to attend; registration required
Long Arm Quilting Machine Basics 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Learn the basics of quilting on our Janome Artistic Star XLQ 18'x8' Quilting Machine. This class is required for anyone who wishes to use the long arm quilting machine in The Maker Spot. All class attendees must have an NRH library card in good standing. Please read The Maker Usage Policy for more information. All attendees must complete a Maker Agreement before attending the class. This class is open to those 17 years old and older.
Attendees must have basic sewing and quilting knowledge. This class will teach only how to use the machine, not how to create a quilt.
- 1 solid piece of fabric 32X36
- 1 other piece of coordinating fabric 36X40
- 1 piece of batting (cotton or cotton blend) 36X40
All cuts must be exact.
Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time.
In this class you will learn:
- Parts of the Machine
- About Thread, Threading, and Needles
- Bobbin Winding, Placement, and Cleaning
- Attaching Layers of Quilt
- Stitching and Stitches
- Basic Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- How to Properly Reset Machine After Use
- Safety Guidelines
- Reservation Guidelines & Pricing