October 26, 2021
9015 Grand Avenue
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Free; registration required
Lunch and Learn: LinkedIn for Beginners 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
LinkedIn is an influential social network for professionals to connect, learn, and share. It's like Facebook, but instead of personal networking, it's used for your professional career. Yet, despite LinkedIn being one of the most popular social platforms today, many individuals have no idea how to use LinkedIn effectively or how they might take advantage of its benefits.
In this session, we'll discuss the key details you'll need to know to get started on LinkedIn:
- What LinkedIn is and isn't
- Creating your profile
- Choosing a LinkedIn photo
- Communicating your core values
- Profile headline and summary
- Writing your 'About' section
- Adding your work experience, skills, and education
- Asking for recommendations
- Adjusting your privacy settings
- Engaging with your network
- Letting recruiters know you're open to new opportunities
Please bring a laptop, tablet, cell phone, or a pen and notepad for note-taking. Participants in this class should already have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and have a basic understanding of the internet and web browsers.