October 22, 2021
9015 Grand Ave.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Sewing Machine Basics 2:00 p.m.
Friday, October 22, 2021
Learn the basics of sewing on our Janome DC 2014 Sewing Machines. This class is required for anyone who wishes to use the sewing machines in The Maker Spot. After you learn about the machine's parts, we'll guide you through a beginner pillowcase project. Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time.
In this class, you will learn:
- Parts of the sewing machine
- How to thread the sewing machine
- How to wind and load the bobbin
- Different types of stitches
- Types of fabric to use
- Safety guidelines
- Reservation guidelines
This class is open to those 9 years old and older. Children ages 9-13 must have a parent attend class with them.
You will need:
- ¾ yard or 27 inches of100% cotton fabric for body of pillowcase
- ¼ yard or 9 inches 100% cotton contrasting fabric for the cuff