October 30, 2021
9015 Grand Ave.
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Long-Arm Quilting Basics 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Learn the basics of quilting on our Janome Artistic Star XLQ 18'x8' Quilting Machine. This class is required for anyone who wishes to use the long arm quilting machine in The Maker Spot. All class attendees must have an NRH library card in good standing. Registration is required.
This class will cover:
- Parts of the machine
- About thread, threading, and needles
- Bobbin winding, placement, and cleaning
- Attaching layers of the quilt
- Stitching and stitches
- Basic maintenance & troubleshooting
- How to properly reset the machine after use
- Safety guidelines
- Reservation guidelines
- 1 solid piece of fabric 32X36
- 1 other piece of coordinating fabric 36X40
- 1 piece of batting (cotton or cotton blend) 36X40
- All cuts must be exact
Attendees must have basic sewing and quilting knowledge. This class will teach only how to use the machine, not how to create a quilt.
Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time. This class is open to those 17 years old and older.