July 28, 2022
2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Drop-off window for entries
5:30 - Public viewing and judging
6:00 - Awarding of certificates and prizes
Library Lounge (first-floor)
9015 Grand Avenue
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Edible Book Contest*
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Bring your favorite books to life in the form of food!
To participate in the Edible Book Contest, please submit an entry form by
Thursday, July 14 UPDATE: Deadline has been extended to July 21.
You may also pick up a form at the NRH Library to completed and return.
- Individuals or families may submit an entry in the contest.
- Each food creation must be entirely edible (cake, bread, crackers, Jell-O, fruit, vegetables, candy, etc.) with the exception of support pieces such as toothpicks to hold pieces together, wrappers, and dowels for tiered cakes.
- Creations must be able to sit out for 3 hours without melting or turning bad to be considered for judging.
- Dimensions of entry must be no more than 16” by 24”.
- The entry must be related to books in some way.
JUDGING & CATEGORIES
Prizes will be awarded in each age category (adult, teen, and youth) along with the following special recognition categories:
- Punniest: Adult, Teen, Youth
- Most Artistic: Adult, Teen, Youth
- Best Representation of Book: Adult, Teen, Youth
- People’s Choice (voted by the public): Most Creative and Best Overall