We missed you! We are so happy to share that as of Monday, May 18, the Library is now open!
Currently, our hours are
- Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Library will remain closed on Sunday
For the last several weeks, Library staff have been busy developing virtual classes and events and building our eContent collections and services. Behind the scenes, we have been carefully planning how to reopen the Library to our community safely. Our goal in reopening is singular: to provide the best possible service while keeping our patrons and staff healthy and safe.
With Your Safety in Mind
- Our Library team will have daily temperature checks and will be wearing masks. Rest assured that behind our masks, we will be smiling and happy to be back to serving you!
- Returned books will be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before they become available for checkout.
- We will be increasing our cleaning schedule to sanitize high contact areas frequently.
- We will also be practicing social distancing of at least 6 ft., so we ask for your patience as we learn how to serve you from a distance. To support this, we will be operating at 25% of our capacity, per Governor Abbott’s orders.
- We request that patrons limit their time in the Library to an hour so that as many people as possible will have the opportunity to use the Library.
- Public computers will not be available at this time. We will continue providing curbside side pick-up of print jobs, and our wifi is available in the Library’s parking lot. To access the wifi, select NRH Guest and accept the terms and conditions.
- The Maker Spot and other interactive equipment and toys will be unavailable until further notice.
- As a courtesy to others, particularly those in high-risk categories, when you visit the Library, please wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands before and after your transactions.
- We request that all patrons use the Library’s self-check machines to check out materials. We will be 100% self-check.
- We will continue our LibraryExpress curbside pick-up services during library hours. Once you receive a notification that your item is available, stop by the Library and give us a call for your books to be brought to your car.
EVENTS & CLASSES
We will continue to provide virtual classes and events through Facebook, YouTube, and Zoom. See below for highlights of our upcoming events.
- Basic Resume Outline & Tips
This class will explain the three standard resume formats, the most effective outline, the basics of writing bullet points, and provide many tips to create a resume that will get you the interview.
- NRH Community Read: Reading Together, Apart.
Join us for a “nuts and bolts” discussion of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. This is a great opportunity to bring our community of readers together to read and discuss this classic book.
- Virtual Storytimes
At this time, all storytimes will continue online so that our smallest patrons may continue to enjoy their favorite programs from home. Currently, this includes our regular storytime program, Tails & Tales, and Good Night Stories with Monica.
Thank you for your continued patience. We look forward to serving you in person again!
The NRH Library Staff