Be a Friend of the Library
The Friends of the North Richland Hills Library is a group of civic-minded citizens who recognize that libraries can change lives and ignite infinite possibilities within our community.
The Friends of the NRH Library is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization who advocates for the library within the community and help raise funds to support, enhance, and expand public library services. They host book sales, cultural programs, and author events at the Library.
The Friends of the NRH Library financially support the Library through sponsorships of Library events including:
- Behind the Book Author Series
- Mid-Cities Teen Book Fest
- The Mayor’s Summer Reading Club
- NRH Authors and Arts
To learn more about the Friends or to become a member, visit: https://www.friendsofnrhlibrary.org/
Volunteer at the Library
Your library loves volunteers and we consider them essential to our success. We have a variety of ways in which volunteers can get involved including:
- Help keep our library collections in order
- Assist with children’s programs
- Assisting with library events
- Shelve books
- Becoming a volunteer instructor in The Maker Spot
Our ideal volunteer is:
- Age 14 years and up
- Has excellent customer service skills and a heart for service
- Willing to serve as a member of the library team
- Willing to adhere to library policies and rules
Volunteering is easy! Email our volunteer coordinator about volunteering and we'll help you decide where your talents and interests can best help your Library serve others. Volunteers must complete a volunteer application. Criminal background checks are conducted for adult Library volunteers.
Donate to the Library
Your Donations Help to Make Our Library Better
Your donation to the North Richland Hills Library enhances Library programs and services for our community. Please consider donating to either the Library or to The Maker Spot.
The North Richland Hills Library provides free programs and services for all ages and income levels in our community to encourage lifelong learning and to promote literacy.
Here are a few ways your donations are used:
- To enhance and augment existing Library programs and services
- To provide additional programs to enrich the lives of children, teens, and adults in our community
How to Donate
- Mail a check to:
The North Richland Hills Library
9015 Grand Avenue
North Richland Hills, Texas 76180
- Make a donation in person - cash and check donations are accepted any time the Library is open.
Your donation to the Library is tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor. (Federal Tax Identification Number is 75-6005194.)
Physical Item Donations Also Accepted
The Library also accepts donations of new or gently used books, audiobooks, and DVDs on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can donate up to 3 boxes/bags of items at a time.
Physical item donations to the Library may be used in one of the following ways:
- To replace popular items currently in the Library's collection that may be in less than favorable condition
- To fill a gap in the Library's collection where there is a community demand
- To raise funds for the Library by being sold in the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale or to a consignment service