Once you have a North Richland Hills Library card, you're ready to start borrowing from our collection of over 165,000 items! But, you may be wondering just how long you'll have each item for. The table below breaks down the length of loans for each item type.
|Item||Loan Period||Limit||Late Fines|
|Fiction DVDs & Blu-Rays||1 Week||10||$1.00|
|Non-Fiction DVDs/Blu-Rays||3 Weeks||10||$1.00|
|Audio Books||3 Weeks||None||$0.30|
|Interlibrary Loans||3 Weeks||None||$1.00|
Library materials can be placed on hold and a notification will be sent when the item becomes available.
- By Phone - Materials can be placed on hold over the phone during library hours by calling the Reference Department at 817-427-6814 or the Children's Department at 817-427-6818.
- Online - To place a hold through the library catalog, locate the item in the catalog and then select Place Hold. You will be prompted to enter your library card number and password.
- A notification will be sent via an email or phone call when the requested item is ready for pick up.
- Requested items are kept on the Pick Up Holds shelf on the first floor.
- Holds are available at the Pick Up Holds shelf for five days.
- You can also pick up your holds using LibraryExpress, our curbside delivery service.
Items will renew automatically on the due date for another loan period up to five times, except for Interlibrary loans or items on hold for another patron.
All Library materials, including Interlibrary loans, may be returned to the Circulation Desk or any of the drops during Library hours. Drive-through and walk-up drops are located on the north side of the Library and are always available.
If you have searched the Library catalog and did not find what you're looking for, try:
Fines are assessed to the account of any patron who fails to return Library materials on or before the due date. Fines can be paid at the Library by cash, check, or with a major credit/debit card (payment must be $5.00 or more if paying by credit/debit card). Personal checks should be made out to the NRH Library. Fine payments can also be mailed to the NRH Library. Please include the Library card number when mailing a fine payment. Unfortunately, at this time fines cannot be paid online or by phone.